The W Youth Mentorship program is an exciting new initiative designed to develop young, ambitious youth in association with iSoccer Australia, and give them access to coaching skills,nutritional information, psychology and club development training. Upon graduation, these young women will be in demand for employment and will be able to give guidance, support, understanding to other young women, ensuring that they remain in sport and live an active lifestyle.
During this time the Mentees will have the opportunity to work through career-related ideas with a proven professional focussed on training them to the highest level. The W Mentorship Program will consist of a 6-month structured platform that will allow coaches and educators unique access to organic growth and personal development.
How it Works: 20 ambitious young women 18+ years will be selected by the mentorship group who will work with them individually on a range of different aspects of the profession.
W Mentorship Program Objectives:
• Expose coaches to different ideas and philosophies.
• Provide coaches with training in a range of topics.
• Strengthen ties with coaches at higher levels.
• Critical feedback on coaching, delivery, and communication.
• Opportunity to continue working as a mentor with young women in depressed and regional areas.
• Understanding nutrition and how this factors into a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
• The psychology of sport, body image, and peer pressure groups of teen girls and the social and economic influences this has on continuation of sport.
• The business principles behind running a successful sports club.
Mentee Eligibility: Coaches require Mentees Who Are Willing to…
• Adhere to all Modern Soccer Coach policies
• Communicate consistently with your mentor and respect the importance of maintaining the schedule you agree to.
• Document your sessions and submit monthly report and video
• Follow up with your mentor with results.
• Actively participate in documenting your journey on social media
• Commit to the program fully in order to create the atmosphere necessary for success
• Relocate to another location during training.
As much of our training is focussed on supporting young women from depressed areas, Menteee support is needed for :
• Meals and living costs
• Educational Support