We are continuously researching and gaining new insights into sport through the eyes of women and girls across a range of communities, ages, life stages and backgrounds. We do this in order to support the others to improve their offer to women and girls.
Sport should be for everyone, regardless of gender, education, socio-economic status or background. On the sporting field we are all equal.
Benefits of playing sports:
- Becoming part of a team and finding your tribe
- Developing team-building skills
- Improving health and happiness
- Buildings self-confidence, self-worth and life skills
- Tackles social issues such as body-image and bullying by creating a strong support network
- Engages disadvantaged or ‘at risk’ women and girls to provide positive future pathways into coaching and sports-related careers
- Increased awareness of health and well-being
- Increased physical and emotional development
- Promotion of social integration, inclusion, conflict resolution and gender equality
- Fosters opportunities for leadership and achievement
- Challenges gender ‘norms’